Advantages to Having an Employee Handbook and Job Descriptions? What Should A Handbook Contain?
We recommend having an employee handbook to provide one central, comprehensive statement of company policies and procedures that is accessible to managers and employees. An employee handbook should include at minimum the following information:
- Confirmation that all workers are employed as at-will employees.
- A statement of anti-discrimination policy, covering:
- An equal employment opportunity statement
- Policies about sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination in the workplace
- A General Statement of Disciplinary Measures and Forbidden Practices Without A Rigid Set of Procedures
- E-mail, web access and voice mail policies.
- Confidentiality, Non-Disclosure and Trade Secret Measures
- Policies to Implement The Massachusetts Earned Sick Time Law
- Explanations about the Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Act
- The Massachusetts Maternity Leave Act (MMLA)